- These taggers are insecure people who crave for public recognitions.
- Their tags symbolise who they are and what they stand for.
- These taggers do not respect the property of other people. They are putting themselves forward because they want to be in a position where they have power to spend other people's money.
- Many of the new taggers belong to gangs, but some are independent.
- These people put up their tags all over the country that they wish to control. They are marking out their territory.
The worst aspect of the new age tagging is that when they gain power over their area, they will initiate attempts to outlaw all forms of tagging but their own. They want to achieve a monopoly over tagging. This smacks of hypocrisy. They want to stop others doing something they will still do themselves.