David's experience proves that kingship is not an ideal form of government. David was a good man with a good heart, but even he could not make kingship work. A human king can never escape the traps of pride and hubris.David knew that he was not the ideal king. He constantly honoured the true king.
- The LORD is King for ever and ever; (Ps 10:16).
- For the kingdom is the LORD's (Ps 22:28)
- For God is the King of all the earth (Ps 47:7).
- For the LORD is the great God, the great King above all gods (Ps 95:3).
- Shout for joy before the LORD, the King (Ps 98:6).
- Your kingdom is an everlasting kingdom (Ps 145:13).