Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Theses for Eschatology

Jesus said that we should “Seek first the Kingdom”. Since I became a Christian, I have always tried to do this.

The more that I have studied the Kingdom of God and the power of the Holy Spirit, the more I have been forced to modify my by views about eschatology. The problem is that the people who developed the end-times teaching that has swept the Christian world in the last century did not have a very clear understanding of the Kingdom of God. When end-time teaching confronts the Kingdom of God, the former must give way to the latter. As a greater understanding of the importance of the Kingdom of God emerges, much of the widely-accepted end-times teaching fall away.

My study of the Kingdom of God has led to a vastly different understanding of God’s plan for history. In a series of posts over the next few weeks, I will present twenty-five theses for the Kingdom of God. Each of these seems to be obvious to me, and based in the scripture, so I will be interested in what others think.

5 comments:

Isca said...

Hello :-)

Would you be able to put a search bar onto your blog, to make it easier to find posts through different keywords.

Ron McK said...

There is a search bar in the top left corner. Put word in and click on the magnifying glass.

Let me know if that does not work.

Gene said...

Looking forward to this.

Isca said...

Works brilliantly!

Thanks

Anonymous said...

Wow... eyes being opened. Thanks for taking the time to share all of this in such a digestible and sensical fashion. God bless you.