Saturday, September 17, 2022

Fake Friendliness

I notice that many Christian Influencers frequently use my Christian name to introduce their promotional emails. This makes it seem like they know me personally.

Hi Bill
I have something important to tell you...
Hi Jack,
How do you become a man that truly shapes history?
I realise that modern software makes this fake friendliness easy to achieve, but it is dishonest, given that the email sender does not know me, and if truth be known, has no intention of getting to know me.

These influencers are pretending to be my friend to promote their ministry by making me feel good. I am surprised that Christians have taken this dishonest practice over from worldly advertisers. It is an ugly side of an insidious celebrity culture that has permeated the church.

No comments: