Saturday, May 03, 2008

Spirtual Mixture

I want to see God move in power. The thing that worries me about the spiritual moves that come out of America is that there seems to you seem to be so much mixture. I have no doubt that the spirit has moved, but there seems to have been a lot of flesh at work at the same time. There has been a lot of mixture.

An international evangelist spoke in our city last month. God did some great miracles. And he did some great teaching on faith. However, when he talked on money, my heart wept, because the process was so manipulative. I understand that he has to raise an enormous amount of money to keep his operation going, so I can see where it comes from, but it is still mixture.

When I read the New Testament, I see mighty miracles and the word being spoken straight. I see the political authorities and spiritual counterfeits being upset because they are challenged, but I do not see the same mixture of spirit and flesh.

People say that every move of God receives criticism. This is true, but that is because most moves of God have involved too much mixture. In the end mixture is dangerous, especially if it is honoured. It can easily lead to the person going down the wrong track.

I am always delighted to see God moving in power, but I get really troubled by the mixture. I doubt that we will really see the breakthrough we are seeking until we see a much purer move of God. I suspect that will not happen, until we have apostles and evangelists working in unity with true prophets. The prophetic people are responsible for purifying the body. At the moment the only critique comes from people who are opposed to healing and miracles, so they have no credibility. I sense that we need to see prophets working in unity with these anointed to leaders to ensure that the move of God is kept more pure. I am still waiting for that to happen.

Mixture is the opposite of holy. Mixture should never be honoured?

No comments: