Thursday, May 11, 2017

Changing Season

For the last thirty-three years, I have been employed in a technical advisory role by a large professional organisation. Yesterday that came to an end. They called it retirement, but for me it is just a new season in my life.

I wanted to sneak out quietly, but my manager Sarah said that was not allowed. Some of my colleagues said they loved me too much to let me get away with a quiet departure. So they put on a morning tea, with a large cake, speeches, and messages from colleagues in other places who could not be there.

The following words were used:

  • wisdom
  • clear thinking
  • pragmatic logical approach
  • visionary
  • mentoring
  • thoughtful
  • clever and kind
  • encouraging
  • integrity
  • wise and thoughtful
I am pleased that some of Jesus grace has shone through for people to see.

Tomorrow, I will describe what I learned during this season.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Congrats!