Tuesday, August 08, 2017

Positive Vision

We live in a culture where everyone is critical. Televisions screens and newspapers are full of material critical of the powers that be. Twitter takes this to a new level.

I believe that sharing a positive vision, and of course, living it out so the world can see is more important.

When I was re-writing my book Being Church Where We Live to correct some things that had been misunderstood, I felt the Lord tell me to remove all critique of the existing church and concentrate on sharing a positive vision. I think I succeeded, but funnily enough, some people said they preferred the previous version. Sadly, I think their enjoyment of the critique, prevented from seeing the vision being articulated.

In my recent book Government of God, I had to include some critique of the existing establishment, because the vision is so radical, but I put it in a separate section at the end, where it can be ignored. I wanted to concentrate on communicating a positive vision.

No comments: