Friday, June 20, 2008

Judicial Laws of Moses (3) - Which Law?

The choice is never between law and no law. The real choice is always “whose law?” Actually, there are only two options: God’s law or man’s law. Plenty of human law makers are putting up their hands, but if God is our Lawgiver (Is 33:22) his law will be better. In a choice between God’s law and man’s law, Christians should prefer God’s law to human law.

Deciding that God’s law is better than human law is easy. Defining the judicial laws that he wants applied in every human society is a more challenging task. This is my goal for this series of articles. It is a most important task, but I am encouraged by the promise of Psalm 119:97-100.

Oh, how I love your law!
I meditate on it all day long.
Your commands make me wiser than my enemies,
for they are ever with me.
I have more insight than all my teachers,
for I meditate on your statutes.
I have more understanding than the elders,
for I obey your precepts.

No comments: