Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Elections

A radio news segment last week covering the American election played some attack ads. I presume they chose some of the worst, but I was stunned by the vehemence.

In New Zealand, where I live, we do not have attack ads. The networks would not run them, because if they did there would be howls of protest. Politicians would not dare to use them, because it would cost them votes.

Something is seriously wrong, when the people who aspire to be leaders of the nations will stoop to this level. The advertising industry is not stupid. I presume they use attack ads, because they know they work. Something must be wrong with the American heart that this type of politicking is effective in country where most people claim to be Christian.

I hope the Iranians do not get to hear about it. That would be really embarrassing.

1 comment:

Gene said...

In the USA we have a saying, Politics ain't beanbag. AND it's far more vehement in Britain.