Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Times of the Gentiles (4) - Too Long

During the Times of the Gentiles.

  • The people of Israel are scattered among the nations.

  • They will be hostile to the gospel.

  • The church will not reach its full capability

  • The Holy Spirit is constrained.

  • Satan has a legal right to be active in the world, despite his defeat.

  • The world will be dominated by strong political empires.

  • The Kingdom of God rises and declines, but does not come to fulfilment.

The Times of the Gentiles has gone on much longer than God intended, because:
  • The people of the world continue to put their faith in political power for security and prosperity.

  • Human government is seen as the solution to every problem.

  • The Jews continues to resist the idea that Jesus is their messiah.

  • Christian witness to the Jews has mostly been defective.

  • Christians have encouraged Israeli militarism.

  • Christians have been better at persecuting the Jews than demonstrating God’s love for them.

  • Christians trust in political power, military force and economic riches.

  • Most Christians have been unwilling to suffer through times of distress by taking up the cross and following Jesus.

4 comments:

Gene said...

Ron, I know over the years you and I have butted heads, but you really have clarity on this. I am reading carefully. This may need to be a book. I did note that you have published on this before. BUT, I am in a place right now where there is so much error and division over this issue in the USA and in Chicagoland in the Church that we MUST put aside our pet beliefs and begin to recognize we may not all know as much as we think we do.

Excellent work. Please, as my friend, in light of recent events and because I have the ear of some important leaders this must be clear. I am asking that you NOT fall into the trap of hearkening back to an earlier teaching you did but make sure that it is fresh and new. With your permission I would like to publish this with attribution but without a link. Particularly THIS Post. It's critical but people would become critical reading the part and not knowing the whole.

Ron McK said...

Gene
Thank you for your positive comments, but I hope you are speaking to soon. I will continue to be as clear as I can, but I have only covered the easy seasons so far. When I go onto the next two seasons, a few cages will be rattled.

Anonymous said...

Like Gene, I am also reading along carefully, and am very thankful to have found this blog.

RE: your qoute: "Christians have encouraged Israeli militarism" Would you mind expanding this thought a little?

I keep seeing and hearing that we, as Christians, must 'stand with Israel'.

You have such a refreshing angle on everything so I am very interested to hear YOUR thoughts on the current situation in the Middle East and the sudden turnabout of American policy regarding Israel.

Many other writers I've stumbled upon believe God Himself will step in and save the nation from destruction in some miraculous way as the whole world turns against Israel.

I don't recall many statements regarding Israel (the modern nation) here on your website, but I have not yet read all you have written, either.

What do you feel our stance should be, as Christians, toward the modern nation of Israel? How does this nation, and any role it plays in God's plans, fit in with your time lines?

Ron McK said...

Anon
I am pleased you are finding this stuff helpful.

I will be posting more about modern Israel in this series, but I am still working out how to do it without offending to many people.

You can find something that I wrote in the past at Israel.