Friday, July 22, 2011

Hope for Christchurch

When a few of us gathered to pray for Christchurch last week, I thought I heard the Lord say something like this.

My love for Christchurch has not changed.
My purposes for the city are still the same.
A lot of stuff has been destroyed, but my plan for the city has not been side-tracked.
The stuff that is built on a true foundation still stands. It has not been shaken.
My plans for Christchurch are still on course.
Seek my purposes for Christchurch.
Nurture them!

1 comment:

charlotte said...

A Full Life in the Emptiest of Places (Isaiah 58)

I will always show you where to go. I'll give you a full life in the emptiest of places— firm muscles, strong bones.
You'll be like a well-watered garden, a gurgling spring that never runs dry.
You'll use the old rubble of past lives to build anew,
rebuild the foundations from out of your past.
You'll be known as those who can fix anything,
restore old ruins, rebuild and renovate,
make the community livable again.