Monday, February 10, 2014

The Veil (1)

Last year I wrote a series of posts on the interaction between the physical and spiritual realms. This is really important for Christians seeking to operate in the fullness of the Spirit. So I was really encouraged when I read a book called The Veil by Blake Healy. God has given him an amazing gift to see into the spiritual realms. His book tells the story of his life and describes some of what he has seen. Blake started experiencing this gift when he was very young.

I’ve seen angels, demons and other spiritual things for as long as I can remember. I see them whenever I have the mind to look and I see them with my eyes, much as I would see you if you were here sitting in front of me.

Seeing into the spirit is not all that different. You can focus on what’s happening in the physical world or you can focus on what’s going on in the spirit world.

I did not know I was seeing in the spirit when I was young. I remember seeing lights and colour swirl through the air when we went to church on Sunday.

I had no control over what I saw when I was young, streams of light and smoky shadows flitted in and out of my vision unbidden. No I can see in the spirit whenever I have the mind to look and, usually, I do not see anything unless I do so intentionally.
We may not all see into the spiritual realms as vividly as Blake Healy, but this book shows what is possible. We should al aspire to a fuller understanding of the multi-dimensional universe in which we live.
Since, then, you have been raised with Christ, set your hearts on things above, where Christ is, seated at the right hand of God. 2 Set your minds on things above, not on earthly things (Col 3:1-2).

No comments: