Friday, July 19, 2024

Leviticus (1) Revised

Last year I did a completed a detailed study of the book of Leviticus. Until then, in my fifty odd years as a Christian, I had not taken this part of the scriptures very seriously. I just assumed that Jesus had fulfilled all of the sacrifices on the cross, and that is all that mattered.

When I was studying the book last year, taking a three-agent approach, I discovered some amazing insights. Recently, I have been reading a book called Lamb of the Free by Andrew Rillerra. It is a very important book, although he does not fully understand the spiritual significance of impurity and offerings. If you want to understand the relationship between Jesus' death and the Old Covenant sacrifices, you should read his book.

In the light of what I learned, I have revised my article called Levitical Offerings. It is a long article, so in my next few posts, I will describe some of the key insights.

No comments: