- People will often say dumb things, but that does not matter. Correcting dumb statements is usually unnecessary. Most Christians forget good things quite quickly, so they will forget dumb things even quicker. Getting participation is more important than getting everything right.
- The main thing a leader will have to say is “Hello”; to a person who has just joined the group. No one should be left isolated. Everyone should be looking for people standing alone and speak to them.
- When a new person joins the group, invite them for a meal. While chewing your food, you have to be dumb, giving them a chance to talk about themselves. This will give them confidence to participate in a meeting of the church.
- When someone believes that God is telling them to do something, the others should encourage them to have a go. Stand with them for moral support, even if it feels a bit dumb.
- Smile! Remain quiet (dumb) and people will think you are wise.
The full series is here.